Fund for a Better Future (“FBF” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”) is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information entrusted to us.
This Policy will inform you of our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your Personal Information when you visit our website sharedascentfund.org.
This Policy aims to give you information on how we collect and process your Personal Information through your use of the Website. This Policy applies to any Personal Information we collect on this Website.
You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes. It is important that the Personal Information, and importantly, the contact information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes during your relationship with us.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
“Personal Information” means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified, or that relates to, describes, references or is reasonably capable of being associated with the individual. It does not include data where the person’s identity has been removed.
We may collect several types of Personal Information from and about users of our Website, including the following to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information:
- Identity Data such as first name and last name
- Contact Data such as email address and mailing address.
- Technical/Network Data such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, your internet connection, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser history, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and information about the equipment (computer or mobile device) you use to access our Website.
- Usage and Log Data that is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information about how you use our Website.
- Geolocation Data such as device location which can be either precise or imprecise.
We may collect Technical/Network Data. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Technical/Network Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We do not use automated technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We do not maintain or associate the Technical/Network Data we collect with your Personal Information. The Technical/Network Data helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy with the parties described below:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business activities and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Website’ users is among the assets transferred.
CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
Our website and services are not directed to children under the age of 13. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us using the Contact Information provided below.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Do Not Track (DNT) Signals. We do not use automated technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not share your Personal Information with any unaffiliated third parties for advertising purposes.
- Updates and Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by us to promote or provide updates about our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to the e-mail address provided below in the Contact Information section. If we have sent you a marketing or promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to communications with us as a result of a transaction with us.
- Targeted Advertising. We do not use Personal Information to perform targeted advertising.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability. You have the right to request that we disclose information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive a verifiable Data Request, we will be able to disclose to you the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete any or all of your Personal Information that we collected from and about you, subject to certain statutory exceptions. Once we receive a verifiable data request, we will identify the Personal Information, confirm that you want that Personal Information deleted, and then delete (and notify our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request inaccurate Personal Information be corrected.
- Right to Restrict Sensitive Personal Information Processing. We do not collect any Sensitive Personal Information as such term is defined under applicable law (such as social security number, driver’s license/governmental ID, financial account, debit or credit card information, racial or ethnic origin, mental or physical health condition, etc.) If we collect any such information, you have the right to restrict how your Sensitive Personal Information is used and disclosed, subject to certain uses permitted by applicable law (such as, the use necessary for the performance of services, use to ensure security and integrity).
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your legal rights regarding Personal Information, unless permitted by law. We will not take any of the following actions solely because you chose to exercise any of your legal rights regarding your Personal Information:
- Deny you services.
- Charge you different rates for services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different rate for services or a different level or quality of services.
However, we may offer financial incentives permitted by law. Any financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your Personal Information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects.
- Data Requests and Authentication. To exercise your rights, please submit a data request to the email address provided in the Contact Information section below. We reserve the right to require you to provide additional information to enable us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom the Personal Information pertains in order to access, change, delete, or release the requested information to you (or your authorized agent). You will be asked to verify certain pieces of Personal Information. We may also ask you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury regarding your identity. We cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable data request does not require you to make a profile with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a data request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW
California law permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. As stated in this Section 5, we do not make any such disclosures. However, to make such a request, you may e-mail us at the address listed in the ‘Contact Information’ section below.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER COLORADO LAW
Colorado law permits users of our Website that are Colorado residents to Opt-Out, access, correct, delete, or transfer the Personal Information collected and maintained about the resident. To make such a request, please e-mail us at the address listed in the ‘Contact Information’ section below. In the event that we deny a Colorado resident’s data request, the resident may appeal said decision by emailing the address listed below in the “Contact Information’ section. If a Colorado resident has concerns about the result of the appeal, they have the right to contact the Colorado state Attorney General.
We use industry-standard methods of securing electronic databases of Personal Information designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to or through our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. To help protect yourself, please use a strong password, do not use the same password to access your account that you use with other accounts or services, and protect your usernames and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, please reach us by email us at: [email protected].